Rugged wilderness and gleaming urban landscapes: welcome to one of the wildest corners of North America.
Get to know it for yourself with MOON PACIFIC NORTHWEST. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible, strategic itineraries for any budget or timeline, including one day in Seattle, a wine country weekend, and a week-long coastal road trip
- The top sights and unique activities for making the most of your trip: Catch the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, or visit Pike Place Market in Seattle. Hike jagged ridges in the Cascade Mountains, or explore underground caves in a mile-long lava tube. Learn about the First Nations culture in Vancouver, hop on a whale-watching excursion, or head up to Whistler to ski the powdery slopes. Taste world-class cabernets and merlots in wine country, or stomp your own grapes during the harvest! Try handmade, artisanal snacks from Portland's famous food trucks, enjoy freshly caught salmon, or taste your way through Vancouver's famous Chinatown
- Full-colour photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expert advice from Seattle local Allison Williams on when to go, where to stay, and where to eat Recommendations for getting around by plane, car, train, and public transportation
- Handy tips for international visitors, families, seniors, and travellers with disabilities
- Background information on the landscape, plants and animals, history, and culture
- Full coverage of Seattle, the Cascades, the Olympic Peninsula, the San Juan Islands, Washington Wine Country, Portland, the Willamette Valley, Bend and Central Oregon, the Oregon Coast, Ashland and Southern Oregon, Vancouver, Victoria, and Vancouver Island
With MOON PACIFIC NORTHWEST'S expert tips, myriad activities, and local insight, you can plan your trip your way.