With its raging geysers and howling wolf packs, Yellowstone stands as one last pocket of a wild, primeval America. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot wolves and grizzlies in Lamar Valley, watch geysers erupt in Old Faithful and Upper Geyser Basin, or get out on the water in a kayak or canoe at Jackson Lake; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside the Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks Travel Guide:
- User-friendly highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices, emergency information, park seasonality, hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Focused on the best - hikes, drives, and cycling tours
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Over 47 full-colour trail and park maps and full-colour images throughout
- Useful features - Travel with Children, Clothing and Equipment, and Day and Overnight Hikes
Coverage Includes: Yellowstone National Park area, Mammoth Country, Roosevelt Country, Canyon Country, Lake Country, Norris, Geyser Country, Bechler Region, Grand Teton National Park area, Jackson and more