Lonely Planet's Maine & Acadia National Park is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch the sun rise from the highest peak of Acadia, crack the shell of a freshly steamed lobster, and stroll Portland's cobblestone-lined Old Port - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Maine and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Maine & Acadia National Park:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Portland, Southern Coast Maine, Midcoast Maine, Acadia National Park, Western Lakes, Grafton Notch State Park, North Maine Woods, Mt Katahdin, Inland Maine.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Maine & Acadia National Park is a comprehensive guide to Maine, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.