Lonely Planet's Madagascar is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch chameleons and lemurs in mountainous national parks, haggle like a local at the Marche Artisanal de la Digue, and snorkel incredible coral reefs - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Madagascar and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Madagascar:
- NEW pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card with wi-fi, ATM and transport info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Antananarivo & Around, Central Madagascar, The Desert, The Cape, Boeny Region, Tsiribihina River Region, Morondava Region, Nosy Be & Around, Ambanja Region, Antsiranana Region, Pangalanes Lakes, Tamatave & Around, Île Sainte Marie, Baie d'Antongil & the Masoala Peninsula, and more
Lonely Planet's Madagascar is a comprehensive guide to Madagascar, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.