Taiwan is a fascinating country to visit, with ruggedly beautiful scenery and a vibrant culture that preserves the best of ancient traditions, while passionately embracing the newest in high-tech modernity. Insight Guide Taiwan is a comprehensive full-colour travel guide to 'the beautiful island', where landscapes vary from dramatic mountains to white-sand beaches.
Inside Insight Guide Taiwan:
- Lively features by a local writer cover a whole range of subjects: mountain trails and railways, soaking in hot springs, traditional markets, folk arts, tea culture and tribal peoples.
- Stunning photography brings this intriguing country and its people to life.
- Highlights of the country's top attractions, including Taipei 101 - formerly the world's tallest building, trying local snacks at a legendary night market and the fine collection of classical Chinese architecture
- Descriptive region-by-region accounts cover the whole country from the vibrant capital Taipei to the wilds of Kenting National Park, dramatic Taroko Gorge and the remote Matsu Islands
- Detailed, high-quality maps throughout will help you get around and travel tips give you all the essential information for planning a memorable trip.
ABOUT INSIGHT GUIDES
Insight Guides has over 40 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides. They produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps as well as picture-packed eBooks to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture together create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.
'Insight Guides has spawned many imitators but is still the best of its type.' - Wanderlust Magazine