Colourful Portuguese mansions, gilt-covered baroque churches, the martial art dance of capoeira and a thriving music scene: Salvador is a treasure-trove of Afro-Brazilian culture and beautiful colonial streets. The joys of Bahia extend far beyond the city, though - with fantastic cuisine, beaches backed by coconut palms, and plunging waterfalls. From the rituals of candomble to the rhythm of samba, this guidebook will help you make the most of your visit to this exotic region.
- Essentials section with indispensable information on getting there and around.
- Highlights maps of the region so you know what not to miss.
- Comprehensive, up-to-date listings of where to eat, drink and sleep.
- Detailed street maps for Salvador and other key towns in the region.
- Slim enough to fit in your pocket
Loaded with advice and information on how to get around, this concise guide will help you get the most out of Salvador & Bahia without weighing you down.