Photographs cannot prepare you for Rio. Against a magical backdrop of Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain, glittering emerald waters and powder-sand beaches, the leisurely Carioca life unwinds. Within easy reach of the city are the idyllic shores of pretty Paraty and lush, verdant Ilha Grande; inland, the glorious colonial cities of Minas Gerais dazzle with gold leaf and baroque buildings.
- Highlights maps and inspirational colour section, so you know what not to miss.
- Essentials section with indispensable information on getting there and around.
- Comprehensive, up-to-date listings of where to eat, drink and have fun.
- Detailed street maps for Rio de Janeiro, Paraty, Ouro Preto, Belo Horizonte and other key towns.
- Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Ideal for travellers looking to explore beyond Rio de Janeiro as well as getting the best of this iconic city, this Footprint Handbook will help you make the most of your trip without weighing you down.